Points to remember:-
1. Reproduction is essential for continuity of living organisms.
2. It involves creation of a DNA copy along with the formation of additional cellular apparatus during cell division.
3. Basically it is of two types – Asexual and sexual. Some plants like Rose and Banana
are prolifrated by vagetative propogation.
4. There are examples of asexual reproduction where new generation arises from a single cell or single individual as in fission, fragmentation, regeneration, budding, spore formation.
5. Sexual reproduction involves two individuals to produce off spring.
6. Variation occurs due to DNA copying mechanism and sexual reproduction.
7. Reproduction in flowering plants involve transfer of pollen grains from anther to stigma – pollination. Gametes fertilize to form zygote.
8. Changes occur in boys and girls at puberty, beard and moustache in boys and growth
in breast region in girls apart from other changes. These changes indicate sexual
maturation and biological preparedness for reproduction.
9. Sexual reproduction takes place by fusion of both male and female gametes resulting in the formation of zygote which gives rise to offspring.
10. Awareness regarding family planning and sex related communicable diseases (STDs) help individual to maintain normal reproductive health.
11. Condoms, oral pills, copper T are some of the contraceptives to avoid pregnancy. 1 mark questions :-
1. Why simply copying of DNA in a dividing cells not enough to maintain continuity of life?
2. How does plasmodium undergo fission?
3. How spirogyra reproduces by fragmentation?
Full Study Chapter - 8 How Do Organisms Reproduce Click here
Blog Posts Categories
Join Us For Update
I am a school teacher and serving CBSE students community since 1995.