CBSE TEST PAPER CLASS 8 MAHEMATICS CHAPTER:Profit and Loss
1. Summi buys a colour T.V set for Rs. 15,200 and sells it at a loss of 20%. What is the selling price of the T.V set?
2. A scooty is sold for Rs. 13,600 and fetches a loss of 15%. Find the cost price of the scooty.
3. The cost price of 11 pens is equal to the selling price of 10 pens. Find the loss or gain percent
4. By selling a table for Rs. 1,320, a trader gains 10%. Find the C.P. of the table.
5. The cost price of 16 note books is equal to the selling price of 12 note books. Find the gain percent.
6. A man sold two articles at Rs. 375 each. On the first article, he gains 25% and on the other, he looses 25%. How much does he gain or lose in the whole transaction? Also, find the gain or loss percent in the whole transaction.
7. Anbarasan purchased a house for Rs 17,75,000 and spent Rs 1,25,000 on its interior decoration. He sold the house to make a profit of 20%. Find the S.P. of the house.
8. After spending Rupees sixty thousand for remodelling a house, Amla sold a house at a profit of 20%. If the selling price was Rupees forty two lakhs, how much did she spend to buy the house?
9. Jaikumar bought a plot of land in the outskits of the city for Rs 21,00,000. Hebuilt a wall around it for which he spent Rs 1,45,000. And then he wants to sell itat Rs 25,00,000 by making an advertisement in the newspaper which costs him Rs 5,000. Now, find his profit percent.
10. A man sold two varieties of his dog for Rs 3,605 each. On one he made a gain of 15% and on the other a loss of 9%. Find his overall gain or loss. [Hint: Find C.P. of each]
11. A man sells two wrist watches at Rs 594 each. On one he gains 10% and on the other he loses 10%. Find his gain or loss percent on the whole
12. Raju bought a motorcycle for Rs 36,000 and then bought some extra fittings to make it perfect and good looking. He sold the bike at a profit of 10% and he got a selling price of Rs.44,000. How much did he spend for the extra fittings made for the motorcycle?
Type-II- PROFIT AND LOSS
1. The marked price of a TV is Rs18500. A dealer allows two successive discounts of 20% and 5%. For how much is the TV available?
2. A jeweler allows a discount of 16%to his customers and still gains 20 %. Find the marked price of a ring which costs the jeweler Rs1190.
3. After allowing a discount of 8% on a toy, it is sold for Rs216.20. Find the marked price of the toy.
4. How much per cent above the cost price should a shopkeeper mark his goods so that after allowing a discount of 25 % on the marked price, he gains 20%?
5. The marked price of a ceiling fan is Rs1250and the shopkeeper allows a discount of 6% on it. Find the selling price of the fan.
6. On selling a table for Rs 987, Ramesh loses 6 % For how much did he purchase it?
7. A grocer bought sugar worth Rs4500. He sold one-third of it at a gain of 10%. At what gain per cent must the remaining sugar be sold to have a gain of 12% on the whole?
8. 25 % of 120apples have got rotten. How many of them are still good?
9. A trader marks his goods at 40% above the cost price and allows a discount of 25% . What is his gain per cent?
10. Vinod sold a shirt to Alex at a gain of 12 % and Alex sold it to Sunil at a loss of 5% If Sunil paid Rs1330 for it, how much did Vinod pay for the shirt?
11. Gurpreet sells two watches for Rs1955each, gaining 15% on one and losing 15% on the other. Find her gain or loss per cent in the whole transaction.
12. By selling a T-shirt for Rs432, a shopkeeper loses 4%. For how much should he sell it to gain 6%?
13. By selling 33 m of cloth, a draper loses an amount equal to the selling price of 3m of cloth. Find his gain or loss per cent.
14. Find the single discount equivalent to two successive discounts of 20 % and10%.