Work sheet: Subject – Maths, Class – VIII- Chapter: Probability
1. If a dice is thrown. What is the probability of getting:
(i) an odd number (ii) a multiple of 3
(iii) a perfect square numbers
(iv) a number less than 4?
2. Three unbiased coins are tossed together. Find the probability of getting:
(i) all heads (ii) two heads (iii) one head (iv)At least two head
[ hint : Possible outcomes are HHH, HHT, HTH, HTT, THH, THT, TTH and TTT
Ans: 1/8 , 3/8 , 3/8,1/2(HHH, HHT, HTH and THH)]
3. Find the probability that a leap year selected at random will contain 53 Sundays. [2/7]
4. One card is drawn from a pack of 52 cards, each of the 52 cards being equally likely to be drawn.
Find the probability that the card drawn is : (i) an ace (ii) either red or king (iii) a face card (iv) a red face card) [Ans: 1/13, 7/13, 3/13,3/26]
5. Two dice are thrown simultaneously. Find the probability of getting: (i) a doublet i.e. same number on both dice. (ii) The sum as a prime number. [n=6 1/6,5/12]
6. If a die is thrown once, what is the probability of getting a prime number?
7. A coin is tossed 200times and tail is obtained 128 times. Now, if a coin is tossed at random, what is the probability of getting a tail?
8. In 100 throws of a dice, 5 is obtained 42 times. In a random throw, what is the probability of getting a 5?
9. A bag has 6 red balls and 8green balls. A ball is drawn from a bag without looking in to the bag. What is the probability of getting a green ball?
10. What is the probability of occurrence of an event?
Blog Posts Categories
Join Us For Update
I am a school teacher and serving CBSE students community since 1995.