1. Thrust and Pressure
2. Pressure in Fluids
4. Why objects sink or Float when placed on surface of water?
5. Archimedes Principle
6. Relative Density
Learning Objectives: The students will:
1. Understand the difference between Thrust and Pressure.
2. Apply Pressure to daily life.
3. Explain Pressure in fluids.
4. Understand Buoyancy.
5. Understand and explain Archimedes Principle.
6. Applies Archimedes Principle on floating objects.
7. Understand relation between Density of a Solid and Density of a Liquid.
Key Terms :
1. Thrust 2. Pressure 3. Pascal 4. Buoyancy 5. Archimedes Principle 6. Relative Density
LIST OF PRACTICALS
1. To determine the density of a solid (denser than water) by using spring balance and a measuring cylinder.
2. To establish the relation between loss in weight of a solid when fully immersed in (i) tap water (ii) strongly salty water, with weight of water displaced by it taking at least two different solids.
3. To Calculate the pressure exerted by a wooden block on sand.
Download full Study Note for BOARD EXAM [Given below]
|Class – IX Chapter - Floatation [Gravitation] Solve Board Questions|
|File Size:||754 kb|
IX Thrust and Pressure, Archimedes’ Principle, Relative Density
CBSE Class 9 - Science - Chapter 10: Flotation: Notes and Quest
MCQ: Flotation: Thrust, Pressure, Buoyancy and Density
Thrust and Pressure, Archimedes’ Principle, Relative Density key point
Notes : Flotation: Thrust, Pressure, Buoyancy and Density
Physics Flotation Term-II Class IX Buoyant force Detail Study
9th Physics Solved Numerical Floating bodies