1. Tick the correct option:
1. The yeast multiply by a process called
(a) Binary fission (b) Budding
(c) Spore formation (d) None of the above
2. The example of protozoan is
(a) Penicillium (b) Blue green algae
(c) Amoeba (d) Bacillus
3. The most common carrier of communicable diseases is
(a) Ant (b) Housefly
(c) Dragonfly (d) Spider
4. The following is an antibiotics
(a) Alcohol (b) Yeast
(c) Sodium bicarbonate (d) Streptomycin
5. Yeast produces alcohol and carbon dioxide by a process called
(a) Evaporation (b) Respiration
(c) Fermentation (d) Digestion
6. The algae commonly used as fertilizers are called
(a) Staphylococcus (b) Diatoms
(c) Blue green algae (d) None of the above
7. Cholera is caused by
(a) Bacteria (b) Virus
(c) Protozoa (d) Fungi
8. Plant disease citrus canker is caused by
(a) Virus (b) Fungi
(c) Bacteria (d) None of these
9. The bread dough rises because of
(a) Kneading (b) Heat
(c) Grinding (d) Growth of yeast cells
10. Carrier of dengue virus is
(a) House fly (b) Dragon fly
(c) Female Aedes Mosquito (d) Butterfly
11. Yeast is used in the production of
(a) Sugar (b) Alcohol
(c) Hydrochloric acid (d) Oxygen
12. The vaccine for smallpox was discovered by
(a) Robert Koch (b) Alexander Fleming
(c) Sir Ronald Ross (d) Edward Jenner
13. Chickenpox is caused by
(a) Virus (b) Fungi
(c) Protozoa (d) Bacteria
14. The bacterium which promote the formation of curd
(a) Rhizobium (b) Spirogyra
(c) Bread mould (d) Lactobacillus
15.Plasmodium is a human parasite which causes
(a) dysentery (b) Sleeping sickness
(c) Malaria (d) All of the above
16. The bacterium Bacillus Anthracis was discovered by
(a) Edward Jenner (b) Alexander Fleming
(c) Louis Pasteur (d) Robert Koch
17. Carrier of malaria causing protozoan is
(a) Butterfly (b) Housefly
(c) Female Anopheles Mosquito (d) Cockroach
18. The process of conversion of sugar into alcohol is called
(a) Infection (b) Moulding
(c) Nitrogen fixation (d) Fermentation
19. Foot and mouth disease of cattle is caused by
(a) Fungi (b) Virus
(c) Algae (d) None of these
20. Which of the following is not a fungi
(a) Paramecium (b) Bread mould
(c) Penicillium (d) Aspergillus
1)b 2) c 3) b 4) d 5) c 6) c 7) a 8) c 9) d 10) c
11) b 12) d 13) a 14) d 15) c 16) d 17) c 18) d 19) b 20) a
2. Write the contributions of the following:
A. Louis Pasteur B. Edward Jenner C. Alexander Fleming D. Robert Koch
A. Microbes B. Pathogens C. Nitrogen Fixation
D. Pasteurization E. Preservatives F. Carriers G. Fermentation
4. Give two uses of microorganisms in the following areas:
i) Food Industry ii) Medicinal Use iii) Environment related
5. Give an activity to show the process of fermentation?
6. List few differences between Antibiotics and Antibodies?
7. Explain Nitrogen Cycle in detail with the help of a cyclic representation?
8. List some harmful effects of microorganism?
9. How can we control the spread of diseases caused by mosquitoes?
10. Why milk in polypacks does not get spoiled?
11.Why does sugar solution with yeast powder become alcoholic in taste?
12. Megha, a class VIII student was asked to submit a project report on mosquito transmitted diseases. She visited a nearby hospital where her aunt was staffed as a nurse. Her aunt took her to a patient suffering from malaria. Megha talked to the patient and asked him about his health and also took some flowers for him.
(a) Name the mosquito that spreads malaria.
(b) What is the name given to such organisms that transmit the diseases from infected to healthy persons?
(c) How can we control the spread of diseases by mosquitoes?
(d) Identify two important values as shown by Megha.
13. Kushal's family is happy as he became a proud father to a baby girl. Upon a routine visit to the hospital, the doctor advised him not to skip the vaccination schedule. While discussing the same at home, one of the family members suggested that vaccination is not necessary for a girl child. Kushal opposed this suggestion.
(a) What is vaccination?
(b) Name the scientist who prepared the first vaccine?
(c) Critically comment upon Kushal's viewpoint.
III Microorganisms-Friend and Foe Solved Questions Read Download
CBSE 8th science: "Notes ands Questions Answers" Read Download
You might also like: Chapter: VIII Microorganisms-Friend and Foe
Microorganisms : Solved Questions Read Download
Microorganisms- : Notes Read Download
Microorganisms- : MCQ 's Read Download
Microorganisms- : Test Paper-1 Read Download
Microorganisms- : Test Paper -2 Read Download
Blog Posts Categories
Join Us For Update
I am a school teacher and serving CBSE students community since 1995.