Guess Paper – 2012 Class – X Subject –Social Science
Answer the following questions:-
1. When was the Champaran Movement started by Mahatma Gandhi and why? 1mark
2. Why was policy of non-cooperation adopted by Gandhiji and Congress? 1-mark
3. Why did the Indians oppose the Simon Commission? 1-mark
4. When was a satyagraha organized in the kheda district of Gujrat and why? 1-mark
5. Why did the industrial workers not join Civil Disobedience Movement? 1-mark
6. How did people belonging to different communities, regions or language groups develop a sense of collective belonging in India? 3-marks
7. Who formed the Swaraj Party and why? 3-marks
8. Describe the policy of the government during the first phase of the Civil
Disobedience Movement. 3-marks
9. Describe the views of Mahatma Gandhi on untouchability. 3-marks
10. Describe the events leading to the Salt March and the Civil Disobedience Movement in 1930 3-marks
11. Why Gandhiji decided to withdraw the Non-Cooperation Movement? 4-marks
1. What do you understand by modern nationalism in Europe? 1-mark
2. Name the famous brothers who were Muslim leaders in 1919. 1-mark
3. When and why a satyagraha movement was organized in Ahmedabad? 1-mark
4. Who was the spiritual head of the Islamic world? 1-mark
5. Describe Gandhiji’s view on the role of women in life. 1-mark
6. Name two prominent leaders who formed the Swaraj Party within the Congress. What was the aim of the Swaraj Party? 3-marks
7. What do you understand by boycott? Why was foreign cloth boycotted
during Non-Cooperation Movement? 3-marks
8. Describe Mahatma Gandhi’s view on satyagraha. 3-marks
9. Describe the events leading to Non-Cooperation Movement in support of
Khilafat as well as for Swaraj 3-marks
10. Write a short note on Simon Commission. 3-marks
11. How the first World War helped in the growth of the National Movement in India?4-marks
Class – X Subject –History
(a) “ A large city population was thus both a threat and an opportunity.” Justify this statement.
(b) What led to the major expansion of Bombay’s population in the mid-18th century ?
(c) Who wrote “The Bitter Cry of Outcast London’ and when ?
d) What do you know about ‘London Season’ ?
e) Explain in brief the history of Land Reclamation in Mumbai.
(f) Explain the social change that took place in the 19th century which resulted into political movements.
(g) When and where was the very first section of the underground railway in the world opened ? Why did people oppose it ?
(h) What forms of entertainment came up in England came up in England to provide leisure activities for the people ?
(i) “Many felt that the ‘Iron Monsters’ added to the mess and unhealthiness of the city.” Explain.
(j) Who developed the concept of the principle of the Garden city of New Earswick ? Mention its features.
(k) Who did the first social survey of low skilled London workers in the East End of London ? Explain his suggestions in the context of what he surveyed about.
(l) ‘London grew as a crime flourished city’. Discuss the statement.
“ Bombay films have contributed in a big way to produce an image of the city as a blend of dream and reality of slums and star bunglows.” Explain.
social science_sample_paper x-1
social_science_Study material and N0tes
Blog Posts Categories
Join Us For Update
I am a school teacher and serving CBSE students community since 1995.