Class – IX Surface area Subject - Mathematics
[Section (A)] 5 x 1 =5
1.Find the curved surface area of a cone having slant height 10 cm and circumference of base is 44 cm.
2. Find the total surface area of a sphere having diameter 14 cm.
3. Three cubes each of side 5 cm are joined end to end. Find the surface area of the resulting cuboids.
4. A rectangular sheet of paper 44 cm x 18 cm is rolled out along its length and a cylinder is formed. Find the radius of the cylinder formed.
5.The inner diameter of the well is 3.5 m and 10 m deep find:
Inner curved area
[Section (B)] 5 x 2 = 10
6. A hemispherical bowl made of brass has inner diameter 10.5 cm. find the cost of tin painting it on the inside at the rate of Rs 16 per 100 cm square.
7. The height of a cone is 16 cm and its base radius is 12 cm. find the curved and total surface area of the cone. Use, π = 3.14.
8. Find the lateral surface area of a closed cylindrical patrol storage tank that is 4.2 m in diameter and 4.5 m high.
9. The radius and slant height of a cone are in the ratio 4:7. If it’s curved surface area of this cone is 792 cm2. Find its radius. ( use p = 22/7)
The diameter of the moon is one third of the earth. Find out the ratio of the surface area of the moon and earth.
[Section (C)] 2 x 5 = 10
10. A wooden toy in the form of cone surmounted on a hemisphere. The diameter of the base of the cone is 6 cm and height is 4 cm. find the cost of painting the toy at the rate of Rs 5 per 1000 cm2
11. A heap of wheat is in the form of a cone whose diameter is 10.5 m and height is 3 m. The heap is to be covered by canvas to protect it from rain. Find the area of the canvas required. Or
A storage tank consists of circular cylinder with a hemisphere adjoined on either end. If the external diameter of the cylinder is 1.4 m and its length be 8 m. find the cost of painting it on the outside at the rate of Rs. 10 per m2.
Blog Posts Categories
Join Us For Update
I am a school teacher and serving CBSE students community since 1995.