2. Which Substance is used as pickles preservative?
(b.) Acetic acid
(d.) Ethanoic acid
3. Carboxylic acids are called.
(a.) Inorganic Compound
(b.) Organic Compound
(c.) Hydrocarbon Compound
(d.) Acetic acid
4. In modern periodic table how many columns are vertically arranged?
5.In what way Mendeleev's published his periodic table.
6.In an experiment to determine the focal length of a convex lens, a student obtained a sharp inverted image of distant tree on the screen behind the lens. He / She then removed the screen and looked through the lens in the direction of object. She / He will see. -
(a.) An inverted image of tree at focus of lens.
(b.) No Image as the screen has been removed
(c.) A blurred image on the wall of laboratory
(d.) An erect image of the tree on the tree on the lens
7. For doing experiment on verifying the Causes of reflection of sound. A student sets up his apparatus as shown. The experiment is more likely is get performed successfully if the screen shown is
(a.) Well polished plane mirror
(b.) Wooden board with many holes in it
(c.) A foam padded board
(d.) A sheet of pure white cloth
8. The focal length of a concave mirror depends on it.
(b.) Radius of curvature
(d.) Center of curvature
9.The diameter of the reflecting surface of spherical mirror is called.
(a.) Focal length
(b.) Radius of curvature
(d.) Principal focus
10. To form complete image of the object height of the mirror is.
(c.) One – Fourth
(d.) Same size as object
11. The magnification of plane mirror is(a.) -1
12. . What is catenation ?
13. Name the structure of diamond and graphite?
14. Which organic compound made in laboratory. By whom and when?
15. Name that inorganic compound by which organic compound is formed also write their formula.
16. Why carbon atoms always form covalent bond?
17. Name two elements which shows catenation but they are unstable?
18. Why kitone group can never occur at the end of carbon chain?
19. Why do substances burn with flame? Name their types?
20. Why mixture of acetylene and air is not used for welding?
21. People use a variety of methods to wash cloths. Usually after adding the shop, they beat the cloths on a stone or beat it with a paddle, scruib with a brush or mixture is agitated in a washing machine. Why is agitation necessary to get clean clothes?
22. Besides gallium, which other elements have since been discovered that were left by Mendeleev in his periodic table?
23. Explained why stars twinkle but why plants do not twinkle?
24. Why do we have two eyes for vision and not just one?
25. When and by whom dispersion of light experimentally discovered?
For more Sample CBSE Paper Visit link