I. Fill in the blanks:
1. Green plants are called ___________ as they can prepare their own ________.
2. Most ________ and ________ get their food from dead and decaying plants and animals. They are called_____________.
3. In some cases two organisms that live together help each other. They are called ____________.
4. The relationship between these two organisms is called __________.
II. State whether True or False:
1. All living things get energy from food.
2. Stomata are small pores present mainly in roots of plants.
3. Leaves are green because of chlorophyll.
4. Some plants are heterotrophic and depend on other organisms for food.
5. Saprophytes are green in colour.
6. Lichen has an alga and fungi living together and helping each other.
7. Plants need nitrogen in addition to glucose to synthesis proteins.
III. Short answer questions:
1. Which processes help the body get energy from food?
2. What factors are essential for photosynthesis to take place?
3. What willl happen when you add a drop of iodine to starch?
4. Why are green plants called autotrophs?
5. Name any two non-green plants.
6. What do you mean by symbiosis?
7. What is a saprophyte?
8. What are decomposers?
9. What are insectivorous plants?
10. Give one example of parasite, symbiont, saprophyte, insectivorous plant
IV . Long answer questions:
1. How will you test the presence of starch in leaves?
2. Explain briefly what happens during photosynthesis.
3. Some plants are heterotrophs. Explain with example.
4. What are autotrophs? How is an autotroph different from heterotroph.?
5. How are nutrients put back in soil?
6th class maths cbse model papers. You can download thequestions and answers from the following site JSUNIL TUTORIAL CLASS VI MATHS
6th class maths question papers
cbse 6th maths sample papers
6th std maths question paper
6th Ratio and Proportional-1
1. Find the ratio of
(i)40 paisa to Rs 4 (II) 24 min. to an hr (III) 125 ml to 2 litres (IV) 4m to 36 cm (V) Dozen to Score
2. Find the ratio the price of coffee to that of tea, when coffee cost rupees 24 per100 gm and tea Rs 80 per kg?
3. Two numbers are in ratio 2:7. If the sum of the numbers are 81. Find the numbers?
4. Divide the number 642 in ratio 1: 2: 3 among A, B, C
5. The ratio of Length and breadth of rectangle is 5:3. Find l and b if perimeter is 256?
6. Which ratio is larger (I) 5:12 or 17:30 (ii) 2:3 or 16:24
7. A bus travel 126 km in 3hrs.and a train travel 315 km in 5 hrs. Find ratio of their speed?
8. Are (I) 7,42,13,78 in proportional? (ii) Find x if 48, 36, x are in proportional?
9. First, second, fourth term of a proportional are 45, 25, 35, Find third term.
10. If 36 , x , x , 16 are in proportional Find value of x
11. Find value of x if 25,35, x are in proportional
12. An electrical pole cast shadow length 20 m at a time when a tree of 6 cm cast shadow of 8 m. Find the height of pole.
13. The length of the side of a triangle are in ratio 1: 3 : 5 .If perimeter of triangle is 90 cm find its largest side .
14. Rohit earns Rs. 7650 and saves Rs. 918 per month Find ratio of
(I) his income to his saving (II) His income to his expenditure (III) his expenditure to his saving
15. Find the ratio of the price of pencil to that of ball pen if pencil cost Rs 96 per score and ball pen cost Rs. 50.40 per dozen.
CBSE MATHS TEST PAPER CLASS VII 6th Area and Perimeter -1
1. Find perimeter of rectangle whose length =6m8dm and breadth =4m6dm
2. Find the cost of fencing rectangle field 24n long and 18m wide at Rs. 6.25 per meter.
3. The length and breadth of rectangle field are in ratio 5:3. If its perimeter is 64m. Find the dimensions.
4. The cost of fencing a rectangle field at Rs. 14.60 per m is 1606. If the width of the field is 23m find its length.
5. The length and breadth of rectangle field are in ratio 3:2. The cost of fencing the field at Rs. 6.50 per m is Rs. 520. Find the dimensions of the field.
6. The cost of putting fence around a square field at Rs. 15 per m is Rs. 432. Find the length of each side of the field.
7. Each side of square is of 21m. Adjacent to this field, there is a rectangular field having its side in ratio4:3. If perimeters of both fields are equal find the dimensions of the rectangular field.
8.Find the circumference of circle if r=14cm
9. Find the diameter of circle if circumference is 66cm
10. Find the diameter of circle if circumference is 75 3/7 cm
11. The diameter of wheel of a car is 70cm. Find the distance travel by wheel of car in 1000 revolutions.
12. Find the circumference of circle if diameter of circle is 10m.
13. The diameter of wheel of a car is 70cm. How many revolutions will it take to make to travel 1.65 km.
14. The diameter of wheel of a car is 70cm. Find the distance travel by wheel of car in 50 revolutions.
15. Find the diameter of circle if circumference is 88 cm.
16. The diameter of wheel of a car is 77cm. How many revolutions will it take to make to travel 1210m km.
17. Find the radius of circle if circumference is 66cm
18. Find the area of a rectangle whose length and breadth 45cm and 16cm respectively. Also find perimeter of rectangle
19. A room is 5m 40cm long and 3m 75cm wide. Find the area of the carpet needed to cover the floor.
20. Find the cost of cultivating a rectangular field 34m long and 18m wide at Rs. 4.50 per sq metre. Also find the cost of fencing the field at Rs. 2.25 per metre.
6th Area and Perimeter -2
CBSE Class vi Science test paper and assignments
LESSON-5 (Changes Around Us)
Q1. Define fast change, irreversible change?
Q2 .Give different methods of preventing the rusting of iron.
Q3.Why curd cannot be converted back into milk?
Q4 Why sugar becomes brownish black and taste bitter when heated ?
Q5. Why breaking of chalk is a physical change ?
Q6. Give examples for the following types of changes “
Q7. What type of change is burning of wood and why ?
Q8.State whether energy is absorbed or evolved in each of the following changes :
(a) Preparation of food by plants (b) Lightening (c) Volcanic eruptions (d) Vaporizations of alcohol (e) Formation of curd from milk (f) Burning of fuels
Q9. What is meant by pasteurization ? What is the advantage of pasteurization milk?
Q10. Classify the following changes into more than one way :
(a) Melting of glass (b) Tearing of cloth (c) Formation of fruit from flower (d) Spoiling of
(e) Moulding of clay (f) Rusting of iron (g) Bursting of crackers
LESSON-8 (Structure and Function of living organisms- Plants)
Q1. What will happen if green plants do not get sunlight ?
Q2. Define the following : (a) Node (b) Internode (c) Pollen grains (d) Ovules
3. In which category of plant potato falls and why?
Q4. Why do some plants trap insects?
Q5. What is bark in plants? What is its functions?
Q6. How does root system prevent soil erosion?
Q7. What is the stem of cactus plant thick and green?
Q8. What is leaf venation? What are its different types?
Q9. What does a seed contains?
Q10. Give the functions of a leaf?
Q11. Why are certain parts of the plants modified?
Q12. What are ornamental plants?
LESSON-9 (Structure and Function of living organisms- Animals)
Q1. A substance `x’ flows from heart into arteries and then into capillaries. It is brought
back to the heart by veins. Name the substance `x’.
Q2. What is the special name of the fertilized egg?
Q3. What is the role of hair and mucus on the inner lining of nose in breathing?
Q4. Name the reproductive organs of male and female human. What do these organs
Q5. Who does our tongue helps in digestion?
Q6. Name the various blood groups in human body?
Q7. Which pigment give red colour to blood?
Q8. Name the two main glands associated with alimentary canal.
Q9. Differentiate between arteries and veins?
Q10. Give the main function of the spinal cord.
Q11. Why it is not advisable to breath through mouth?
Q12. Name the various sense organs present in our body and write there functions
Q1. Where is magnetite found ?
Q2 .Why is magnetite known as ‘loadstone’ ?
Q3.Differentiate between natural and man-made magnets ?
Q4.(a) What are electromagnets ? How does it work ? (b) Where are they used ?
Q5. How is the strength of a magnet determined ?
Q6. ‘Our planet earth behaves like a magnet.’ Explain.
Q7. How do you understand by ‘magnetic keepars’ ?
Q8.Why should we not place magnets near a computer or a cell phone ?
Q9. How does a magnet loose its power ?
Q10. Write an activity to show that the magnet is maximum near the poles.
LESSON-14 (Fabric from fibres)
Q1. What do you mean by fabric ?
Q2 .What type of clothes should we wear ?
Q3.Why is fresh soil required every year for growing jute plants ?
Q4. How did the word ‘NYLON’ got its name ?
Q5. Which fibre is called as golden fibre and why ?
Q6. Define the following terms – (a) Fleece (b) Weaving (c) Spinning (d) Cotton bolls
Q7.Which type of soil is required for the growth of coconut trees and why ?
Q8.What is a weaver ?
Q9. Which material is used for making raincoat and why ?
Q10.Why is black soil good for growing cotton ?
LESSON-10 (Work and Energy)
Q1. What is the Principal of Conservation of Energy ?Q2 .Write two uses of solar cells.
Q3.Define (a) Potential Energy (b) Kinetic Energy
Q4. Boil some water in a container covered with a lid. What do you observe ? Give
Q5. How is heat energy useful to us ?
Q6. How is sound produced ?
Q7. What is mechanical energy ?
Q8.What happens when we strike a match stick against a match box ? Give reason also.
Q9. What do you mean by chemical energy ?
Q10. What kind of energy conversion of energy takes place in the following :
Radio (2) Electric bell (3) Electric bulb (4) Torch cell (5) Sitar (6) Geyser (7) Electric train
(8) Hydroelectric Dam (9) Cars (10) Wind mill
LESSON-11 (Electric Current and Circuits)
Q1. Write any two advantages of dry cell.
Q2 .Differentiate between primary and secondary cells.
Q3.What are button cells ?
Q4. Why are CFLs recommended by environmentalist ?
Q5. How can we show that air is an insulator ?
Q6. Suggest any four ways by which we can minimize the use of electricity.
Q7. “Electricity is a good servant but a bad master”. Comment.
Q8.Why are inside of electric bulbs filled with inert gases ?
Q9. Why is concave mirror used inside a torch ?
Q10. What does LED stand for ? Why are they preferred over electric bulbs ?
for more papers http://jsuniltutorial.weebly.com/class-vi.html
Blog Posts Categories
Join Us For Update
I am a school teacher and serving CBSE students community since 1995.
- IX Sample Papers
X Sample Papers
- CLASS 07
- Class 06
- NCERT Solutions
- Class 11 - 12