Q. 1. If a1, a2, a3, a4, a5,…… are the n terms of an A.P. Derive the formula for its nth term.
Q. 2. If a1, a2, a3, a4, a4,…… are the n terms of an A.P. Derive the formula for the sum of its n terms.
Q. 3. If nth term of an A.P. is given by an = 5n – 3. Find the sum of its 50 terms.
Q. 4. Sum of n terms of a sequence is given by Sn = 2n2 – 2n. If it is an A.P. then find its 20th term.
Q. 5. Find the sum of the following series: 10 + 14 + 18 + 22 + …………104
Q. 6. If the sum of first 13 terms of an A.P. is 91 and sum of its first 30 terms is 465. Find the sum of its 50 terms.
Q. 7. The sum of three numbers which are in A.P. is 9 and sum of their squares is 35. Find the numbers.
Q. 8. Divide 32 into 4 parts such that they are in AP and the ratio of the product of first term and fourth terms = product of second and third terms is equal to 7/15.
Q. 9. If the pth,qth,rth terms of an AP are a,b,c then prove a(q – r) + b(r-p) = c (q – p)
Q. 10. If pth term of an A.P be 1/q and the qth term be 1/p, show that the sum of pq terms is
Q. 11. The sum of n terms of an A.P. is given by Sn = 5n2 + 3n, find the nth term of A.P.
Q. 12. How many terms of the A.P. -6, -11/2, -5, ………are needed to give the sum -25? Explain the double answer.
Q. 13. Find the 30th and 60th terms of the following sequence:
(1) 13, 18, 23, 28, 33,………. (2) -10, -7, -4, -1……………..
Q. 14. Find the sum of the following series: (1.) 3+8+13+18+23 …………………….248
(2). -10, -15, -20, -25,………….-105
Q.15 If Sn, the sum of first n terms of an A.P is given by Sn = 3n2 – 4n, then find its nth term (6n – 7)
10th Arithmetic progression (6 Posts)
C.B.S.E.-2012 Sample Papers for X English EC2_QP_510011
C.B.S.E.-2012 Sample Papers for X English EC2_QP_510012
C.B.S.E.-2012 Sample Papers for X English EC2_QP_510013
C.B.S.E.-2012 Sample Papers for X English EC2_QP_510014
C.B.S.E.-2012 Sample Papers for X English EC2_QP_510015
Class - X C.B.S.E. Hindi Sample Papers (2012)S. A.-I
C.B.S.E.-2012 Sample Papers for X Hindi HB2_QP_540011
C.B.S.E.-2012 Sample Papers for X Hindi HB2_QP_540012
C.B.S.E.-2012 Sample Papers for X Hindi HB2_QP_540013
C.B.S.E.-2012Sample Papers for X Hindi HB2_QP_540014
C.B.S.E.-2012 Sample Papers for X Hindi HB2_QP_540015
New CBSE Class IX Sample Papers of Social Science
1. What did the red cap worn by Sans Culottees in France symbolize? 1
(a) Brotherhood (b) Danger (c) Anger (d) Liberty
2. Which one of the following group was not benefitted by the French Revolution? 1
(a) Peasants (b) Workers (c) Nobility (d) Agricultural laborers
3. The neighbouring countries that share their boundaries with India are : 1
(a) Pakistan and Afghanistan (b) Myanmar and Bangladesh
(c) China and Nepal (d) All the above
4. Which one of the following rivers is a peninsular tributary of the Ganga ? 1
(a) Ghagar (b) Son (c) Gomti (d) Gandak
5. How many permanent members are there in the Security Council ? 1
(a) 5 (b) 7 (c) 10 (d) 15
Download paper in Pdf File
IX Social Science Sample paper 2012 -1
IX Social Science Sample paper 2012 -2
IX Social Science Sample paper 2012 -3
C.B.S.E.-2012 Sample Papers for X Social Science -1
C.B.S.E.-2011 Sample Papers for X Social Science -2
C.B.S.E.-2012 Sample Papers for X Social Science -3
C.B.S.E.-2012 Sample Papers for X Social Science -4
C.B.S.E.-2012 Sample Papers for X Social Science -5
By Brilliant public school
Questions 1 to 4 are one mark questions. These are to be answered in one word or one sentence. Section A
1. State the chemical change that takes place when lime stone is heated strongly.
2. .Why do silver articles become black after some time when exposed to air ?
3. Name the device which directly converts solar energy into electrical energy.
4. What are amphoteric oxides ? Choose the amphoteric oxides amongst the following oxides. Na2O, ZnO, Al2O3, CO2, H2O
Questions 5 to 13 are two marks questions. These are to be answered in about 30 words each.
5. Draw circuit symbols of the following components : (i) Variable resistance or rheostat
(ii) Plug key or switch (closed)
6. What are antacids ? Name two compounds which are used as antacids.
7. A small amount of ferrous sulphate crystals were heated in a hard glass test tube ? (i) Write the equations involved in the above reaction (ii) Name the type of reaction that takes/ place ?
8. A white salt on heating decomposes to give brown fumes and a residue is left behind. (i) Name the salt. (ii) Write the equation for the decomposition reaction.
9. Out of two solar cookers one was covered by a plane glass slab and the other was left open. Which of two solar cookers will be more efficient and why ?
10. A wire of resistance R is cut into three equal parts. (i) Find the value of resistance of each part in terms of the original resistance R ? (ii) If these three pieces are connected in parallel, what is the ratio of the equivalent resistance so obtained with the original resistance ?
11. How does the strength of the Magnetic field at the center of a circular coil of a wire depend on : (a) radius of the coil (b) number of turns in the coil
12. State Ohm’s law and write the condition in which this law is obeyed ?
13. (a) What happens when quick lime is added to water ? (b) Write chemical equation for the above reaction. (c) Which type of reaction is this?
Questions 14 to 22 are three marks questions. These are to be answered in about 50 words each
Click here to read full paper READ
1. An unlit incense stick (agarbatti) gives smell only when we come close to it but on lighting the stick we get smell even far away from it, why?
2. If the mass of a body is doubled what will happen to its acceleration, if the applied force remains constant ?
3. Name the processes by which CO2 and H2O move into and out of a cell ?
4. Tabulate any two differences between mixtures and compounds
5. Mention any two phenomena which can be successfully explained on the basis of Universal law of gravitation.
6. What is meant by endocytosis ? Name an organism which uses this process.
7. Mention two functions of stomata. Read full Question Paper
Blog Posts Categories
Join Us For Update
I am a school teacher and serving CBSE students community since 1995.