9th Chapter- work and Energy-Activity based Question Solutions
1. Is work done when you are reading book?
Ans: No ,it is because there is no displacement in body.
2. Are you doing work when you are pushing wall or huge rock?
Ans: No work is done as rock does not move. Energy using this time is converted as heat energy in body.
3. Give an application where a body displaces without application of work?
Ans: Object displaced itself on inclined plane without application of work.
4. Idenfy two situation where object does not show displacement by the application of work?
Ans: The two situations are:
(i) if you push a mighty object
(ii) If balanced force act on a body
5. Name an energy cause by sun?
6. Name the two source of energy which are not due to sun?
Ans: Nuclear energy and Geo thermal Energy
7. What happen if you are doing work without changing velocity of object?
Ans: You work is stored in the form of potential energy. For example: When you compress slinky work done get stored in the form of Elastic potential energy.
8. Write the expression for power for a body having constants speed?
Ans: P = Work /velocity
9. How can you say that sun is cause of hydro electricity?
Ans: Solar energy evaporates water and help to form clouds. Cloud get down on the earth as rain. This water runs in river that is store in dam at high altitude. When this water allow falling rotate turbine and generating electricity. Thus that sun is cause of hydro electricity.
10. How is the dropping of ball from height is the an example of conservation of energy?
Ans: When ball is dropped from high its gravitational potential energy decrease and at same time kinetic energy increases as it gain speed.
Related Blog posts for edu. gainer
9th work and Energy-Activity based Question Solutions
9th Work Energy and Power solved Guess Questions
IX Work Power and Energy Questions and Solution
IX Work, Energy and Power: Notes: Study guide
CBSE Work, Energy and Power - Assignment
WORK, POWER AND ENERGY Guess Paper – 2012
Laws of conservation of energy -9th physics
Numerical based on work and energy
Class IX Work Power and Energy notes(Physics)
Blog Posts Categories
Join Us For Update
I am a school teacher and serving CBSE students community since 1995.