A. 1. b 2. a 3. d 4. b 5.d 6. a 7. c 8. b
B. 1. Biodiversity means the variety of plants, animals and microorganisms generally found in an area.
2. `Flora' refers to plants.
3. Yes - I agree
C.1. Biodiversity is the variety of plants, animals and microorganisms generally found in an area.
2. Flora: Species of all plants found in a particular area is known as flora of that area. Fauna: Species of all animals found in a particular area is known as fauna of that area.
3. Cutting down forests and using the land for other purposes is known as deforestation.
4. Some animals cannot adjust to the environmental changes and begin to die. These animal species become endangered as their population becomes very small.
5. A biosphere reserve is a large protected area set aside for conservation of wildlife, plant, animal and microorganism resources, and the traditional life of the tribals living in that area.
6. Endemic species are those species of plants and animals that are found exclusively in a particular area and are not naturally found anywhere else. For example, the Indian giant squirrel and flying squirrel are endemic to the Pachmarhi Biosphere Reserve area.
7. IUCN prepared Red Data Book to highlight those animals who are threatened with extinction, with the aim of promoting their conservation. Those threatened with extinction.
8th Conservation of plants_animal science solution