1. What are natural resources? Name any three natural resources?
Ans: The material that are gifted by nature for survival is called natural resources like air ,water, soil, sunlight etc.
2. Name an important fossils fuel?
Answer: The remain of plants and animals that are died millions of year ago are called fossils. The fuel obtain from fossils of plants and animals are called fossils fuel like Coal, petroleum and natural gas.
3. Name one important use of fossils fuel?
Answer: Fossils fuel are main source of getting energy.
4. Is coke better than coal?
Ans; yes, this is because coke does not produce smoke but produce more heat than coal on burning.
5. What do you mean by destructive distillation of coal?
Or, what happen when coal is heated in absence of oxygen?
Answer: The process of heating coal in absence of oxygen at 1000 deg. C to 1400 deg C is called destructive distillation. We get coke, coal gas coal tar and ammoniacal liquor by destructive distillation of coal.
6. What is the composition of coal?
Answer: Coal is a mixture of carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen and sulpher.
7. Write some uses of coal?
Answer: Coal is used (a) As fuel to coke food (b) To generate energy in thermal power plant (c) as a source of
Download full pdf file