Points to Remember -
Solved Theorem and some examples to illustrate the use of these theorem
Points to Remember :
1. Two congruent figures must have equal areas. However, two figures having equal areas need not to be congruent.
2. Two figures are said to be on the same base and between the same parallels, if they have a common base and the vertices (or the vertex) opposite to the common base of each figure lie on a line parallel to the base.
3. Parallelograms on the same base and between the same parallels are equal in area.
4. Area of parallelogram = Base × corresponding height.
5. Parallelograms on the same base (or equal bases) and having equal areas lie between the same parallels.
6. Two triangles on the same base (or equal bases) and between the same parallels are equal in area.
7. Two triangles having the same base (or equal bases) and equal areas lie betwen the same parallels.
8. Area of Triangle = 1/2× Base × corresponding height.
9. Area of a Rhombus= 1/2× product of diagonals.
10. Area of a Trapezium= 1/2× (sum of the parallel sides) × (distance between them).
11. A median of a triangle divides it into two triangles of equal area.
12. The diagonals of a parallelogram divides it into four triangles of equal area
Activity related to Area of parallelogram and triangle
NCERT Solutions Topper learning
Area of Parallelogram and Triangle Test paper