1. Find compound interest on Rs. 8000 at 15% per annum for 2 years 4 months, compounded annually.
Ans: Rs. 3109.
2. Find the compound interest on Rs. 10,000 in 2 years at 4% per annum, the interest being compounded half-yearly.
Ans: Rs. 824.32.
3. In what time will Rs. 1000 become Rs. 1331 at 10% per annum compounded annually?
Ans: 3 years.
4. If Rs. 600 amounts to Rs. 683.20 in two years compounded annually, find the rate of interest per annum.
Ans: 8% p.a.
5. The difference between the compound interest and simple interest on a certain sum at 10% per annum for 2 years is Rs. 631. Find the sum.
Ans: Rs.63, 100.
6. The difference between the compound interest and the simple interest accrued on an amount of Rs. 18,000 in 2 years was Rs. 405. What was the rate of interest per annum?
7.Divide Rs. 1301 between A and B, so that the amount of A after 7 years is equal to the amount of B after 9 years, the interest being compounded at 4% per annum.
Ans: Rs.676 and Rs.625
8. A sum of money amounts to rs.6690 after 3 years and to rs.10, 035 after 6 years on compound interest. Find the sum
9. A sum of money doubles itself at compound interest in 15 years. In how many years will it become eight times?
Ans: 45 years.
10. Amit took a loan of Rs.390625 from HDFC Finance. If the company charges interest at 16% per annum, compounded quarterly, what amount will discharge his debt after one year?
Ans: . Rs 45697
11. At what rate percentage per annum will a sum of rupees 4000 yield compound interest of rupees 410 in 2 years.
12. The compound Interest on a certain sum of money for 2 years is Rs 820 and the SI on the same sum for the same period is Rs 800 .find the sum and the rate of interest .Ans 5%
13. The value of a machine depreciates at 12.5% per annum. it was purchased 3 yrs ago. If its present value is Rs.13720, Find the original value of machine.
14. The C.I. on a certain sum for 2 years is Rs.410 and S.I. is Rs.400. Find the rate of interest per annum?