1. Green plants are called ___________ as they can prepare their own ________.
2. Most ________ and ________ get their food from dead and decaying plants and animals. They are called_____________.
3. In some cases two organisms that live together help each other. They are called ____________.
4. The relationship between these two organisms is called __________.
II. State whether True or False:
1. All living things get energy from food.
2. Stomata are small pores present mainly in roots of plants.
3. Leaves are green because of chlorophyll.
4. Some plants are heterotrophic and depend on other organisms for food.
5. Saprophytes are green in colour.
6. Lichen has an alga and fungi living together and helping each other.
7. Plants need nitrogen in addition to glucose to synthesis proteins.
III. Short answer questions:
1. Which processes help the body get energy from food?
2. What factors are essential for photosynthesis to take place?
3. What willl happen when you add a drop of iodine to starch?
4. Why are green plants called autotrophs?
5. Name any two non-green plants.
6. What do you mean by symbiosis?
7. What is a saprophyte?
8. What are decomposers?
9. What are insectivorous plants?
10. Give one example of parasite, symbiont, saprophyte, insectivorous plant
IV . Long answer questions:
1. How will you test the presence of starch in leaves?
2. Explain briefly what happens during photosynthesis.
3. Some plants are heterotrophs. Explain with example.
4. What are autotrophs? How is an autotroph different from heterotroph.?
5. How are nutrients put back in soil?