2. Two positive numbers differ by 3 and their product is 504. Find the numbers.
3. The length of a tangent from a point A at a distance 5 cm from the centre of the circle is 4 cm. Find the diameter of the circle.
4. Two tangents PQ and PR are drawn from an external point P to a circle with centre O. Prove PROQ is a cycle quadrilateral.
5. Determine the ratio in which the point P(x, -2) divides the join of A(-4, 3) and B(2, -4). Also find the value of x.
6. Area of a sector of a circle of radius 36 cm is 54p cm2. Find the length of corresponding arc of sector.
7. Two cubes each of edge 4 cm are joined face to face. Find the surface area of the resulting cuboid.
8. A dice is thrown once. Find the probability of getting: (a) a prime number (b) a number divisible by 2Find the sum of all two digit positive numbers divisible by
Question numbers 19 to 28 carry 3 marks each.
9. In an A.P. the first term is 24, the last term is 29 and the sum of all its term is 150. Find its common difference.
10. For what values of k does (k-12)x 2 + 2(k-12)x + 2= 0 has equal roots ?
X Maths guess questions for CBSE board exam March 2012