1. Name the product of Dehydration of ethanol with conc. H2SO4 at 443 K ?
2. What is the common name of ethanoic acid?
3. Name the allotropic form of carbon with the structure of football?
4. Name the element which shows the property of catenation to the maximum extent?
5. Name the allotropic form of carbon which contain carbon- carbon double bond?
6. Name the allotropic form of carbon which is good conductor of electricity?
7. What is the general formula of alkane?
8. Out of ethanol and methanol, which is poisonous in nature?
9. Name the class of organic compound with the fruity odour?
10. What is the molecular formula of Benzene?
ANS: 1. Ehene 2.Acetic Acid 3. Flullerene
4. Carbon 5. Graphite 6.Graphite
7. CnH2n+2 8. Methanol 9. Ester 10. C6H6
Q. State whether the following statement are True or False
1. Any number of atoms can be linked by Covalent bond _____
2. The central atom in a covalent molecule has always 8 electrons after sharing ______
3. Covalent compound are usually water soluble ______
4. Covalent compound has generally low melting and boiling points ______
5. Diamond is good conductor of electricity ______
6. Each family is characterized by functional group which is an atom or group of atoms
7. Ethanoic acid and ethanol can be distinguished by litmus test as well as by sodium bicarbonate test _
8. Soaps are water soluble while detergents are water in- soluble ______
9. Mineral acids are stronger acids than carboxylic acids. ______
10. Dilute alkaline KMnO4 is an oxidising agent ______
Ans: 1. False 2.True 3.False 4. True 5. False 6. True 7. True 8.False 9.True 10.True
For more Paper visit Carbon and its compound Downloads