1. Classify the crops based on the seasons. Give examples.
2. Why do farmers carry out leveling of ploughed fields?
3. What is meant by sowing? Explain the various methods of sowing the seeds.
4. What are the advantages of sowing seeds with a seed drill?
5. Define transplantation. State its advantages.
6. How soil gets affected by repeated growing of crops in the same field?
7. How are fertilizers different from manures?
8. Farmers in northern India grow legumes as fodder in one season and wheat in the next season.
a. What is this practice known as?
b. How does this practice help in the replenishment of soil?
9. How are weeds removed from the crop fields?
10. What is a combine? State its function.
11. What name is given to the cutting and gathering of food crop like wheat or paddy?
12. Which method is used to store the following
a. Food grains like wheat and rice
b. Fruits and vegetables
13. What do you mean by
14. What is meant by reproduction?
15. a. What are gametes?
c. What is formed when two gametes fuse?
d. What is this act of fusion called?
16. Differentiate between internal fertilization and external fertilization.
17. Explain the process of fertilization in human beings.
18. Draw a well labeled diagram of –
a. Male reproductive system.
b. Female reproductive system.
19. Give two differences between a zygote, an embryo and a foetus.
20. What are the male and female gametes called?
21. A zygote formed in the female body in human beings eventually leads to the formation of baby. Explain.
22. What are the differences between viviparous and oviparous animals? Give examples.
23. What type of fertilization takes place in a hen?
24. How much time does the embryo present in hen’s egg take to develop into a chick when provided sufficient warmth?
25. What is metamorphosis?
26. List the changesthat occur in tadpole during this process.
27. How does the following reproduce?
28. What is the special name the period of life between childhood and adulthood?
29. List the changes that take place during puberty to
A) Both boys and girlsB)Boys onlyC)Girls only
30. What changes in the voice of boy takes place when they reach puberty? What is the of cause of this change?
31. State 2 ways in which body shapes changes during puberty
a. In boys
b. In girls
32. State 2 secondary sexual characteristics
c. In boys
d. In girls
33. Who is responsible for the sex of unborn child? Father or Mother? Why?
35. Why are endocrine glands termed as “ductless glands “?
36. Name one hormone secreted by pituitary gland. State the function of this hormone.
37. Which hormone lowers the blood glucose level in humans? Name the gland which secretes this hormone.
38. Where the following glands located in the human body?
39. It was observed that the tadpoles are not growing into adult frogs in a village pond .What could be the reason for this?
40. State any 2 practices which can be adopted by the adolescents to maintain personal hygiene.
41. What are the beneficial effects of doing regular physical exercise?