1 – Mark questions answer
1. What happens when magnesium ribbon burns in air?
Ans. When magnesium ribbon burns in air, it combines with the oxygen to form magnesium oxide.
2Mg(s) + O2(g) ® 2MgO(s)
2. Name the gas evolved when zinc reacts with dil. HCl.
Ans. Hydrogen gas is evolved.
3. What is a chemical equation?
Ans. A chemical equation is a symbolic notation that uses formulae instead of words to represent a chemical equation.
4. On what chemical law, balancing of chemical equation is based?
Ans. Balancing of a chemical equation is based on the law of conservation of mass.
5. Represent decomposition of ferrous sulphate with the help of balanced chemical equation.
Ans. 2FeSO4(s) ® Fe2O3(s) + SO2(g) + SO3(g)
6. When carbon dioxide is passed through lime water, it turns milky, why?
X chemical_reactions - equations_solved_questions Download File